Terms & Conditions
On behalf of Mira Image Pty Ltd
We work with fellow TV industry professionals, Government Departments, Corporations and other creative people. We operate in a fast-paced environment, often away from the luxuries of the office. To maintain order, we respect the long-held etiquettes of the film & television industries. Spoken-word is akin to the written-word, and goodwill is paramount to each of our endeavours.
We enjoy a fair workplace, work with friends, and hope you agree with our terms. Please negotiate or clarify any points prior to the job.
A. BOOKINGS, PAYMENT, TIMES, COPYRIGHT
1. BOOKINGS are accepted subject to availability and may either be CONFIRMED at the time of booking, or if subject to change, may be placed on HOLD up until 48-hours of the CALL TIME. Unless CANCELLED or negotiated prior to 48-hours of the CALL TIME, a HOLD is automatically considered CONFIRMED.
2. Once a BOOKING is Confirmed it may still be Cancelled however CANCELLATION FEES will apply at the rate of 50% within 48 hours and 100% within 24 hours of the Call Time.
3. A HOLD may be cancelled by either party.
4.COPYRIGHT of all recorded materials remain the property of Mira Image Pty Ltd until full & final payment has been received.
5. PAYMENT TERMS are strictly 14 DAYS from the date of INVOICE
6. LATE PAYMENT may result in LATE FEES being charged at the rate of 10% per month. Failure to pay within 60 days of the Invoice date may result in legal action. All legal costs incurred will be charged to the production company / booking agent / source.
7. Listed RATES apply locally, and are offered as a guide-only with fees subject to change with job-specifics.
8. TIMES are measured from Call-time to Wrap in Melbourne-metro, and Portal-to-Portal in all other national & international Locations, inclusive of lunch, travel & appropriate breaks.
9. WRAP is defined as Departure-From-Final-Location, with point (B.2) being the exception.
10. OVERTIME is measured per hour or part-thereof, and applies to all Productions unless specifically negotiated.
11. WEATHER HOLDS or SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS to be specifically negotiated.
12. Bookings are taken in 4-hour (half-day), 8-hour (full-day) increments, with overtime charged beyond the hours All other roles will bill an 8-hour fee once beyond 4-hours.
13. Jobs running short will be billed as per original booking, regardless of an early Wrap.
14. The extent of Mira Image Pty Ltd, LIABILITY due to illlness errors, omissions, or professional and technical & mechanical failures, and/or effects of crime shall be limited to the equivalent of the Booking’s daily fee.
15. ORIGINAL RECEIPTS will be retained for Mira Image Pty Ltd, accounts. Scans can be made available upon request. Out of pocket expenses will be itemised on the invoice.
B. TRANSPORT & MILEAGE
1. Quoted RATES include a Transport Allowance around Melbourne-METRO up to 50km/day. Beyond 50km/day, MILEAGE / KM charged at Au$0.90/km.
2. LOCATIONS BEYOND 30KM of the Melbourne GPO (and considered within Melbourne) will start consuming the 50km Transport Allowance from the 30km boundary onward. CALL TIME will be calculated accordingly, and where applicable, returning to the 30km boundary will be considered the WRAP time. For ease of reference, 1km equals 1 minute.
3. When embarking on a ROAD-JOURNEY out of Melbourne, MILEAGE is charged from outset of journey at A$0.90/km, and TIMES measured on a Portal-to-Portal basis.
4. All TOLLS, PARKING FEES or CHARGES incurred in the course of Production, from Call-time to Wrap, will be billed to the Production.
5. TRANSPORT provided by the Production must meet adequate health safety & security standards, or be negotiated otherwise with considerations as to the nature of the production.
C. EQUIPMENT & TAPE / DISC STOCK
1. TAPE OR DISC STOCK is the sole responsibility of the Production.
2. EQUIPMENT outlined on the Rates-List is a guide, and equipment brought onto Location will be accepted as that which Mira Image Pty Ltd, deems necessary & most effective.
3. Special EQUIPMENT REQUESTS will be adhered to as closely as possible. Where specific models/items are unavailable, a suitable replacement will be sought. Shortcomings will be communicated ahead of time.
4. RENTAL EQUIPMENT sourced on behalf of a Production incurs a 20% handling fee, in addition to tolls and charges incurred during pick-up & return.
5. In the unlikely event of TECHNICAL FAILURE involving equipment owned by Mira Image Pty Ltd, reasonable reparations in the form of Bill Discount or Credited Hours will be negotiated for any lost time for the day of the incident only. The extent of Mira Image Pty Ltd, LIABILITY shall be limited to the Booking’s daily fee.
6. In Melbourne, Mira Image Pty Ltd, shall bear the cost of equipment replacement. For all other Locations, the Production shall bear the cost of equipment replacement.
7. No responsibility shall be accepted for equipment rented on behalf of the Production.
8. No responsibility accepted for lost opportunity, lost imagery or sound arising from technical failure.
D. LOCATIONS & WORKPLACE
1. A SAFE WORKPLACE is always maintained.
2. Productions planning to shoot in HOSTILE ENVIRONMENTS must advise Mira Image Pty Ltd, prior to Confirmation. Such environments include exposure to salt, sand, water or dust, biological and chemical agents, civil unrest and declared hostilities.
3. Location should have access to catering facilities, otherwise be catered by Production, or Crew should be informed of special requirements prior to the shoot.
4.EQUIPMENT DAMAGE caused by handling by unauthorized persons or the actions of persons associated with or employed by the Production will be charged to the Production. Authorisation is restricted to senior persons in the camera, sound, lighting & grip departments.
1. AIRPORT TRANSFERS and or AIRPORT PARKING are billed to the Production.
2. International & National Travel measured on a ‘Portal-to-Portal’ basis or as negotiated.
3. Daily TIMES are measured on a Portal-to-Portal basis in all national & international Locations (outside of Melbourne) inclusive of lunch, travel & appropriate breaks.
4. PER DIEMS must adequately cover meals, telecommunication & weekly laundry, with respect to schedule & destination. Alternate arrangements welcomed.
5. TRAVEL & REST DAYS include zero filming. RECCE’s are welcomed on Travel Days given it is of reasonable duration, and the site is en-route or within reasonable proximity of Crew Accommodation.
6. ACCOMMODATION & TRANSPORT provided by the Production must meet adequate safety & security standards, or be negotiated otherwise with considerations as to the nature of the project.
7. It is the responsibility of the client to arrange and pay for the provisions of excess baggage, prior or on travel date. Where Mira Image Pty Ltd., does pay for any excess baggage, convenience fee of 25% will be charged of the excess baggage bill.
F. FOREIGN (VISITING) PRODUCTIONS
1. All required payments must be received prior to commencement
2. Final payment including incurred costs is due upon completion of each schedule.
3. Continuation Of Services beyond the schedule is negotiable.
4. Discontinuation Of Services within the schedule incurs applicable Cancellation Fees and immediate air transport to Melbourne for personnel and equipment.
5. Scheduled Payments negotiable for long-term projects.
6. Recorded materials may be withheld until receipt of due payment. When recorded materials are withheld, returns will be arranged upon receipt of payment via the Production’s means & expense. All due care taken, no responsibility accepted for losses.